Adult Services : Outcomes 2008
At Community Solutions we understand the importance of positive outcomes and realize that the strongest evidence that our services
are effective comes by demonstrating positive impacts on the communities we serve. Examples
of positive results within our adult services division include:
- Community Solutions is the only residential nonprofit provider in all of Connecticut that has achieved ACA accreditation for adult residential programs.
- In fiscal year 2008, more than 10,250 clients were served by Community Solutions' adult programs.
- Community Solutions is the largest provider of residential services for the Connecticut Department of Correction and the largest provider of Alternative to Incarceration Center services for the Connecticut Support Services Division.
- The number of community service hours completed by adult services clients was 56,753 for fiscal year 2008.
- Calculated at Connecticut's minimum wage of $7.65, our provided $434,160 worth of labor during the last fiscal year to local nonprofit agencies and municipalities.
- The residential program success rate for fiscal year 2008 was 76 percent and the Alternative to Incarceration Center (AIC) program success rate remained constant at 81 percent.
- Adult residential clients saved taxpayers $693,041 by making direct payment toward their room and board costs during the fiscal year 2008.
- Adult clients paid $35,293 to the Connecticut Victim Compensation Board during fiscal year 2008.
- Community Solutions served as one of the pilot provider sites for the Connecticut Department of Corrections' Fidelity Project.