Training Staff Bios
CSI offers training sessions provided by professionals with a wide array of experience and backgrounds. Each session is tailored to meet the needs of our customers. The CSI faculty includes doctorate-level professors and clinicians, licensed clinical social workers, professional trainers and MINT (Motivational Interviewing founders Miller and Rolnick certification) trainers.
- Judy McCusker, MA-Director of Training and Quality Assurance: Ms. McCusker specializes in evidence based practices with youth, cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, assessment tools and instruments, vicarious trauma and domestic violence. Ms. McCusker is a certified BSFT therapist and Cultural Competency expert.
- Dr. Luis Anez-Nava- Psy.D; Ed.S.-Bilingual QA Coach and Trainer: Dr. Anez-Nava is an Associate Professor of Psychology at Yale University School of Medicine. He is also the Director of Hispanic Services and Latino Behavioral Health System. Dr. Anez-Nava specializes in behavioral health services for the Latino population.
- S. Paige Bacon-Ortiz-Bilingual QA Coach and Trainer: Ms. Bacon-Ortiz started with CSI in 2010 as a Bilingual Intervention Specialist/Case Manager at the New London AIC, and joined the CSI Training Department in 2014. She has facilitated 2-day MI trainings and currently facilitates introduction to MI and CBT. She has facilitated R&R, TAD, ESG and Moving On.
- Dr. Ginnie Dalton-Taylor, Ph.D.-QA Coach and Trainer: Dr. Taylor specializes in risk/need assessment instruments, mental health issues, eating disorders, motivational interviewing and gender specific programming. She has provided clinical supervision in both adult and juvenile programming. She is especially skilled in the administration and use of assessment instruments and female responsive interventions and services.
- Jessica Fraser-Quality Assurance and Training Manager: Ms Fraser is a certified trainer of Reasoning and Rehabilitation, with extensive experience in risk/need assessments, motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy. She specializes in employment services, group facilitation and case management services.
- Angie Gotay-QA Coach and Trainer: Ms. Gotay conducts training and quality assurance in gender responsive programming, relational and strength-based programming and motivational interviewing. She is highly skilled in all CBT manualized curriculums, such as Reasoning and Rehabilitation, Moving On and Treating Alcohol Dependence.
- Heath Greene M. Ed.-QA Coach and Trainer: Mr. Greene conducts training and quality assurance in, relational and strength-based programming and motivational interviewing. He is highly skilled in all CBT manualized curriculums, such as Reasoning and Rehabilitation, Treating Alcohol Dependence, Employment Services and Moving On.
- Jane Harrison-QA Coach: Ms. Harrison specializes in client engagement, Motivational Interviewing, and CBT-based interventions. She has over 20 years of experience working in community mental health and addictions. Since 2005, she has worked in the field of behavioral health research comparing manual-guided interventions. At CSI, she provides QA coaching to Gender-responsive Juvenile Probation Officers as well as the staff at juvenile sites.
- Lori Hayducky-QA Coach and Trainer: Ms. Hayducky is a certified trainer of Reasoning and Rehabilitation. She is highly skilled in CBT manualized group curriculums, such as Reasoning and Rehabilitation, Treating Alcohol Dependency, Cognitive Self Change, and Moving On.
- Shawn Hemingway-Trainer: Mr. Hemingway is an Employment Supervisor at the Hampden County Sheriff's Department. He specializes in offender re-entry with a focus on marketing, job development, and transitional employment opportunities. He is highly skilled in securing full-time employment for those who are court involved.
- Aimee Markward, MS, ICAC, CAC-QA Coach and Trainer: Ms. Markward specializes in quality assurance of both adult and youth interventions. She is highly skilled in cognitive behavioral therapy, manual driven curriculums, substance abuse disorders, motivational interviewing and mental health disorders.
- Dr. Damon Mitchell, Ph.D.-QA Coach and Trainer: Dr. Mitchell is an Associate Professor in the Criminology Department at Central Connecticut State University. He specializes in substance abuse, assessment, neuroscience of offenders and sex offender treatment. He is a certified Adult Substance Use Survey-revised Trainer.
- Tiffany Parkhouse, MA-Quality Assurance and Training Manager: Ms Parkhouse is a Motivational Interviewing Network Trainer (MINT), a trainer for the Women’s Risk Needs Assessment (a gender specific LSI-r trailer) and a certified trainer of Reasoning and Rehabilitation. She has extensive experience in risk/need assessment tools, female responsive training and consultation, manual driven curriculum and cognitive behavioral therapy. Ms. Parkhouse is an Associate Trainer for the Cognitive Centre of Canada.
- Dr. Manuel Paris-Psy.D.-QA Coach and Trainer: Dr. Paris is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Yale University School of Medicine and Director of Training, Latino Track at Yale. He is a Motivational Interviewing Network Trainer (MINT). Dr. Paris conducts R&R II-r training in Spanish and is endorsed by the Cognitive Centre of Canada.
- Richard Pavasaris-QA Coach and Trainer: Mr. Pavasaris specializes in LSI/ASUS and case planning. He is a certified Adult Substance Use Survey-revised Trainer.
- Cindy Peterson, MS-QA Coach and Trainer: Ms Peterson specializes in evidence based practices with juveniles. She is highly skilled in manual driven curriculums including ART, MET/CBT, Voices, Target and SOS. She is internationally certified in Co-occurring Disorders and particularly adept at assessment and case planning.
- Stephanie Pompeo-QA Coach and Trainer: Mrs. Pompeo is highly skilled in risk/need assessment instruments, Motivational Interviewing, as well as case management services and cognitive behavioral therapy. She has knowledge and experience in group facilitation and delivery of effective interventions.
- Sherina Richard-QA Coach and Trainer: Ms Richard specializes in risk/need assessments, cognitive behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing strategies. She is highly skilled in group facilitation and manual driven curriculums.
- Dr. Michelle Silva-Psy.D.-Bilingual QA Coach and Trainer: Dr. Silva is the Associate Director of the Connecticut Latino Behavioral Health System and an instructor at Yale University School of Medicine. She has extensive experience in motivational interviewing, client engagement strategies and behavioral health services.
- Dr. Raymond Tafrate-Ph.D.-QA Coach and Trainer: Dr. Tafrate is the Chairperson of the Department of Criminology at Central Connecticut State University. Dr. Tafrate is a Motivational Interviewing Network Trainer (MINT). He is the author of numerous books on anger and specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy.